Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Catch-up Baby Blog


Gratuitous Gabrielle Reece photo. This has nothing to do with the blog.
This is the catch-all blog entry, designed to catch me up from all the recent events and put me on the trail to a happier, more-on-time baby blogging future. I hope. Yeah, but probably not.

So….here we go.

First of all, go to bebepool.com/mikeyj10 and fill out your entry to the baby pool. It's free because I'm lazy.

Besides lazy, I’m also kind of mad a myself because I sat in my office for about 45 minutes while my boss talked to me about all these “important” things and I didn’t realize that I was really just being held against my will. Politely.

Because, while Margot was going on and on about some thing or another that really wasn’t nearly as pressing as it seemed at the time, people were streaming along on the other side of the wall and setting up the surprise baby shower in the conference room.

One of the baby
shower beers. Yum!
Then it was time for the “meeting”, which actually turned out to be a quite fun little food fest (with red velvet cupcakes) and lots of presents. Like Melissa at her shower, I got many cool baby things. Onesies, diapers, bags, etc. Unlike Melissa at her shower, I got one really cool thing. Beer, jerky, onion rings…all imported from Columbus, Ohio because Teresa made her husband buy stuff a guy would like and he knew a place up there that was filled with that stuff. He was right!

Thank you to all the Habitat people! I’m sure Baby Readling will look great in all of her new clothes.
The next day was Melissa’s other shower, a pizza-themed lady bug fest, put together by Tori and Barb. Oh! And cooked by Marty.

I had some pizza and some of the salad and got to set up the champagne fountain (which I also got to take down, after making sure it was empty). I don’t really know how this one went because I stole Marty and went to the boat show. 
When we got back, there was clothes line with a bunch of onesies all the shower people had decorated. Apparently, Baby Readling is a surfer girl hippie Dolphins fan who does what she wants and tilts upside down when her father falls asleep. At least that’s what you get if you put all the messages on the shirts together. And, yes, I left out the Red Sox fan part because that’s a dirty joke by someone I no longer like.

And, you may have seen us writing down names at the baby shower(s). That's because everyone who gave a gift is officially committed to one day of baby sitting. Thanks for that!! I have your name...

Finally, we had another ultrasound and Baby Readling is, according to the tech, “trending to the plus side.” Ha! That’s putting it lightly.

They said she weighed 6 pounds, 12 ounces with a month to go. Most babies gain 2 pounds in the final
month, but ours (at the 76th percentile already) will most likely gain more. That puts her right around 9 pounds when she’s born, if not 9.25.

Thoughts like that immediately bring the question to mind: What is the automatic cut-off for when a C-Section becomes mandatory?
"9 pounds????? Yikes?"

1 comment:

  1. Love that "upside down" shirt hahaha!

    As for the C-Section question...when I was pregnant with my son, my sister-in-law advised that I have a c-section because all the babies on hubby's side of the family have been large, and it looked my bub was going to be large too (he was 9pounds when he was born). I spoke to my midwife about that and she said that I couldn't elect to have a c-section based on that...we went through the public health system, and I'm sure that would be different depending if you were going private or in different states etc..

    ReplyDelete